How to Compile an Email Marketing List for Your Business
Email marketing is one of the most efficient ways to market your business. Not only is it quick and easy to execute an email campaign, but it is affordable too. In order to take advantage of this method however, you will need to compile an email marketing list.
An email marketing list is made up of the email addresses of your potential customers. Three different types of potential customers may be on this list:
· Potential first-time customers that may not yet be familiar with your company
· Existing customers with the potential to be repeat customers
· Leads, or potential customers that have already displayed interest in your product or service
For your first campaigns, the best bet is to stick to the last two types of potential customer, as sending out emails to individuals or business that have not given permission or joined your mailing list is often viewed as spammy or invasive. Opt instead to compile your own email marketing list using your business website and social media accounts.
How is this done? By using a call to action of course! Your website and Facebook or Twitter account is a great place to prompt your audience to enter their email address into a collection form in order to request a free estimate, join a contest, or join your monthly email newsletter mailing list.
Now that you have got the idea, here are some tips to use calls to action successfully:
· Implement a call to action on each page of your website
· Use bright, noticeable colours
· Ensure that the call to action button or field appears above the page fold
· Require that your visitor fill out no more than 11 fields for the lead collection form
For additional help, you man also want to refer to the articles:
Five Tips for a Successful Email Newsletter
How to Collect Leads Online
How to Write Marketing Emails