10 Blog Writing Tips For Small Business Owners
For most small business owners, blog-writing is about as enjoyable as the annual trip to the dentist. From devising a topic to conducting research and picking out keywords, right down to writing the thing- the whole process can be time-consuming and, well, grueling!
We could all use some help to speed up the process, get creative juices flowing, and improve the performance of our blogging, so here are 10 blog writing tips for small business owners:
1) Don’t set out to write a novel. Short is fine. It’s consistency that matters.
2) Set daily Google alerts to notify you of any news regarding your industry. Presto! You’ve got a topic!
3) Spend most of your time thinking up a catchy, key-word rich title. The rest will follow.
4) Always include a picture- and use keywords in its title.
5) Don’t use too much industry jargon. If you must, explain it’s meaning or include a link to an article that will.
6) Use bullets, lists, and short paragraphs for easy scanning and quick reading.
7) Edit your posts and run them through spell-check.
8) If you’re stuck, move on! Save your progress and come back to it later with a fresh mind. In the meantime, just start a new post.
9) Think like your audience. What are they looking for? What do they want to read about?
10) Include, graphs, charts, video, and anything else! Readers love visual content.
Your small business will benefit greatly from a blog, and blog-writing doesn’t have to feel like pulling teeth! Just stick to it, and you’ll get a feel for what works and what doesn’t!